James Gardiner’s powerful new memoir, All In With Love: my journey to the hero within, chronicles his amazing life experiences and accomplishments as well as showcases how he turned poor choices and failure into a recipe for personal growth. But above all it is a story of reconnection. Of getting back to the wonder and curiosity of the inner child and living life to its glorious potential. Beautifully and compellingly written, his storytelling is not only entertaining its readers but also providing them with deep introspective questions and thoughts about life and their younger selves.
Use the questions below to guide your book club discussion!
- The pages of this book contain a journey, a rebirth if you will of a “conscious male” who leads with love. What attributes could other men in your life take away from this story to break the old male paradigm?
- How does this book help spread light on the gift of walking forward in life with a blend of masculine and feminine?
- Were you able to uncover the breadcrumbs of “behavior” that evolved from Little Jimmy and caused his older self to make questionable decisions?
- Did this cause and effect inspire you to reflect back to your journey?
- The book’s 408 pages is a culmination of relationships, whose currency both big and small, leaves a lasting impression on the character. What is your currency of relationships and how have they fostered your growth?
- We all inevitably walk through the doorway of adulthood at some point, some sooner than others. Think back to that moment and discuss how it has shaped you? Did you splinter from who you thought you would be?
- From the author’s perspective life contains “symphonic moments” where the moment is a beautiful dance of the senses, scored perfectly by the universe. As a reader, did you experience any of these moments through the storytelling and writing?
- How well do you know your “Little ‘X’?”… reflect back to the innocence and wonder of your youth and bring that power of youthful perception into your book club.
- The author speaks about “true wisdom,” this blend of old and young perception of life. How can this be achieved for each of you as you walk forward in adult life?
- Going back in time to that “doorway” once more, what would your younger self say to you about the life you have lived and what to do with the time that is left?
James Gardiner is a champion for conscious leadership and walking each day of adult life with our younger selves. With over two decades of hands-on experience in personal and business growth, he is motivated to help people face their challenges, uncover their truth, and reconnect to the wonder of youth so they can truly live the life of their dreams, by design. Most recently James has embarked on traveling and speaking about his powerful new memoir, All In With Love – My Journey to the Hero Within. The book chronicles his amazing life experiences and accomplishments as well as showcases how he turned poor choices and failure into a recipe for personal growth.